4th ASEAN Celebrity Explore Quest Malaysia
ASEAN Celebrity Explore Quest Malaysia 2016 is the 4th edition programme brought to Malaysia by Tourism Malaysia. A total of 85 celebrities and media from 10 ASEAN countries are gathered together to experience Malaysia through many activities such as exploration, photo and instagram competitions, telematch, product updates and group performances.
4th ASEAN Celebrity Quest Malaysia
From 6th to 13th October, all 85 participants first gathered in Kuala Lumpur where the activities will first take place and will end at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. The event took place at Shangri-La Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
Some of the activities that Has to be done by the participants includes:
- Telematch & Halloween Night Of Fright at Sunway Lagoon Theme Park.
- Visit Tugu Negara.
- Escape Room Challenge & Laser Battle Challenge at Berjaya Times Square.
- Tour & Activity (like the locals) at Mari Mari Cultural Village.
- White Water Rafting at Kiulu River, Tamparuli.
- Extreme Activities & Sabah Traditional games.
- Telematch between countries.
- Shows and performances by participants before closing ceremony.
Throughout the event, participants will have to update their social medias on the activities that they do and experience.
4th ASEAN Celebrity Explore Quest Malaysia Press Conference
Attended by Malaysia’s Minister of Tourism and Culture, Dato Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz; Director General of Tourism Malaysia, YBhg Datuk Seri Mirza Mohamad Taiyab and Tourism Malaysia Officer International Promotion Division (SEA), Tuan Syed Yahya Syed Othman, the 4th ASEAN Celebrity Explore Quest Malaysia press conference took place at Shangri-La Hotel on 6th of October, 2016.
“The ASEAN market remains the largest contributor of tourist arrivals in Malaysia. In 2015, the market contributed 19.1 million tourists and RM4.4 billion in receipts. This constitutes 74% of the country’s total arrivals of 25.7 million and 63.7% of its total receipts of RM69 billion respectively. From January to June 2016, tourist arrivals from the ASEAN market recorded an increase of 5% against the same period last year.” – Dato Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz.
Themed “ASEAN In My Heart”, the 4th ASEAN Celebrity Explore Quest Malaysia’s objectives are to:
- Promote potential and suitable tourism products to the ASEAN family and youth segment of the tourism market.
- Promote Malaysia through social media network and celebrities.
- Encourage ASEAN tour operators develop more or new packages to Malaysia.
- Foster bilateral relationship between Malaysia and ASEAN member countries.
- Experience Malaysia 1st hand through combination of different products.
Live updates of the programme can be searched on social media through the hashtag #ACEQM2016.