Enjoyable & Memorable Stay at The Kabin, Kuala Selangor
Located at Pantai Remis in Kuala Selangor, The Kabin is one of those unique places to stay at, with it’s “rooms” made exclusively from recycled shipping Containers. Yes, the exact containers used for shipping. Although “container hotels” are not uncommon in some countries, it is still relatively new in Malaysia but The Kabin nailed it with its location, interiors and exteriors of the containers as well as the amenities provided along with it.
The Kabin (Kabin is a Malay word for “cabin”) is a family-run boutique resort that has various attractions nearby which screams “back to nature”. In fact, The Kabin is one of the best places to go for a retreat yet it is also close enough to get back to the hustle and bustle of the city.
I was at The Kabin a few weeks ago with a group of medias for a press trip to Selangor. All 30 odd of us were hosted at The Kabin for a night’s stay.
Rooms at The Kabin
There are many types of rooms available at The Kabin, with 17 different strategically placed containers around this area. When you arrive at the entrance, you may think that the area is small but it can fit 17 containers and house a total of 78 adults.
When I was here, I stayed at one of the containers called Rotterdam. Each containers has different names, inspired by some of the more popular cities in the world.
The Rotterdam is the best room here, with premium view, the room faces the swimming pool and only five feet away from jumping into the pool. The room fits 6 people, with 1 Queen bed and 4 Single bunk beds and 2 separate Bathrooms. There is also a private balcony with a small dining table and 3 chairs.
Below are the lists of the rooms available at The Kabin. Occupancy is based on per room.
- Rotterdam : Max 6 pax. Premium view of swimming pool (1 Queen bed, 4 Single Bunk Beds, 2 Bathrooms, Private Balcony, Dining table & Chairs) – Peak : RM490, Normal : RM440
- Felixstowe/ Hamburg/ Atwerp : Max 6 pax. (1 Queen bed, 4 Single Bunk Beds, 2 Bathrooms, Dining Table & Chairs) – Peak : RM440, Normal : RM390
- Durban : Max 2 pax. Premium view of swimming pool (1 Queen bed, 1 Bathroom, Private Balcony, Dining Table & Chairs) – Peak : RM240, Normal : RM190
- Santos Balboa : Max 4 pax. Premium view of swimming pool (1 Queen bed, 2 Single Bunk Beds, 1 Bathroom, Private Balcony, Dining Table & Chairs) – Peak : RM340, Normal : RM290
- Long Beach/ Vancouver : Max 4 pax. Premium view of swimming pool (4 Single Bunk Beds, 1 Bathroom, Private Balcony, Dining Table & Chairs) – Peak : RM340, Normal : RM290
- Shanghai/ Singapore/ Sharjah : Max 4 pax. (1 Queen bed, 2 Single Bunk Beds, 1 Bathroom, Private Balcony, Dining Table & Chairs) – Peak : RM310, Normal : RM260
- Busan/ Keihin/ Kelang/ Ho Chi Minh/ Columbo/ Melbourne : Max 4 pax. (4 Single Bunk Beds, 1 Bathroom, Shared Balcony with Dining Table & Chairs) – Peak : RM290, Normal : RM240
It could be slightly noisy in the day at the Rotterdam, it being close to the adults and kids swimming pool but having many attractions nearby The Kabin will not have you stay in your room for too long in the day. At night though, everything is peaceful and you could have a really long and good rest, just like I did.
Services at The Kabin
Like I said earlier, we came here in a big group but the staffs were helpful in gathering our luggages together and we were welcomed with some drinks and light finger food before we were sent to our rooms. The staffs were friendly and helpful, especially when one of my roomates asked for a spare towel.
Although I am not a swimmer, I enjoyed sitting at my balcony that overlooks the swimming pool and watched some of my friends swim. There are not many lounge chairs by the pool but I assume it was because of the activity lined up for us that evening.
The Kabin is located next to the Remis Beach, only a short 2-minutes walk from The Kabin to the beach to dip your toes in and where you can stare into the distance and ponder about life.
There’s Bukit Melawati where you can view for yourself the famous cannons, lighthouse and historical remnants of Kuala Selangor. You can also visit Nature’s Park (Taman Alam), a 200 hectre land of floras and faunas where you can go bird-viewing or just hiking, You can also see the Firelies (Kelip-kelip) along the waters of Kampung Kuantan, Kampung Belimbing and Pasir Panambang.
Other activities includes Fishing, Eagle Feeding, Golfing, and many more.
The Kabin Lot 2984, Jalan Jati, Pantai Remis, 45800 Jeram, Kuala Selangor. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org Phone : +6018 593 2014 (Front Desk) Website : www.thekabin.com.my